Friday, July 8, 2011

What's cookin' on Friday?

After fasting last night I ate something sort of substantial for breakfast (at about 10) - a hard boiled egg, a quarter of an avocado and a few pieces of bacon (not pictured).  I wanted to have something in my body before trying for some new personal records at crossfit.  Today the wod was CrossFit Total, a one rep max lift of back squat, strict press and dead lift.  I PR'd two out of the three, which I was quite happy with.  After crossfit I ate lunch (strikingly similar to breakfast): a hard boiled egg, quarter of an avocado, two slices of bacon and the rest of the leftover grilled zucchini.


For dinner I made pork tenderloin and blasted broccoli, a super easy meal.  I was tipped off by my culinarilly inclined friend Diane (who is also a super fab crossfitter at Kirkland CrossFit) about red harissa, so I decided to whip up a batch to dip my pork in.  I didn't have any jalapenos, so I just omitted them.  It was delicious, really easy (because I bought jarred roasted peppers), and totally worth it.  Yum!

1 comment:

  1. I am coming for you, in August, and there will be pepper roasting. mark my words.

    ReplyDelete