Saturday, July 9, 2011

Busy Saturday!

We had a pretty full day.  First we slept in until 10, thereby missing the farmer's market.  Oops.  Then we lazed around a bit, and Ryan installed my brand new bicycle pedometer (so I can properly train for my upcoming sprint triathlon - you know, the one I'm going to do on my beach cruiser).  Once we finally headed out of the house, it was lunch time and we needed to eat.  Luckily, In-N-Out was nearby.  So easy, cheap and delicious!


Ryan got two protein style double doubles.  I got my standby: triple meat, no cheese, no spread, with grilled onions and extra tomatoes, protein style.

After lunch we picked out and purchased the suit Ryan will wear at our wedding.  I've never bought a suit before, so I don't have anything to compare it to, but we had a great experience with Ernie at 3 Day Suit Broker.  One more thing to check off of the wedding check list.  Yay!

After the suit excursion I went for a bike ride.  I did a crossfit endurance workout on my bike: 5 x 1k "sprints" with 2 minutes rest in between each.  It was interesting for my first time.  Next time I should have company: Ana says she wants to join me in training for this sprint tri!  Yay!

For dinner we met my wonderful friend Chelsi, her adorable, amazing and perfect daughter Payten, and Chelsi's awesome sister Alison.  We went to a fabulous restaurant in Pasadena called La Grande Orange. And get this: I got a grass fed steak!  Yep, grass fed beef tenderloin and zucchini. 100% paleo, 100% yummy.


But really, how could I not enjoy dinner when I got to spend it with this little one?


She's gonna be a flower girl.  Isn't she cute?  Also, she loves me :)


We wandered in Old Town Pasadena a bit, where Payten modeled while Ryan took her picture.


She even got to ride on her mom's shoulders!


Grass fed steak + good friends + adorable little one = great night :)

No comments:

Post a Comment