Sunday, July 3, 2011

Noodlez!

This afternoon I had lunch with two of my dear friends from way back in my Score! days.  I suggested In-N-Out, which they found odd until they saw me order and remembered something I may have mentioned about paleo-something-or-other.  Triple meat, no cheese, no spread, protein style with extra tomatoes and grilled onions.  It was glorious, but I was too consumed in our riveting conversation to be bothered to take a good enough picture for the blog.  So, just imagine it, or look here.

After lunch I dragged Ryan through Costco, then we stopped for a sugary drink coffee on the way home.  The coffee was delicious, but it curbed my appetite so I wasn't hungry for dinner when we normally eat.  When I did start to feel the rumbly in my tumbly I made marinara sauce.  For instructions, look here or for a non-paleo version, here.  Then I prepped my noodles.


As one of my birthday presents, my parents got me this awesome tool, which has a julienne peeler in it.  So, I made noodles!


I popped them in the microwave and steamed them until they were as "al dente" as zucchini can get.  Then I plated dinner.


Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment