Monday, July 11, 2011

LOBSTER! And other fun things.

Today was crazy busy - two workouts, two grocery gathering trips, and lobster cooking!  First was crossfit, then lunch: bison hot dogs and asparagus.


It's official, I have registered for the San Diego sprint triathlon on 9/11.  As part of my training, I will swim twice a week, bike twice a week, and "run" twice a week in addition to crossfitting daily. Today was swimming: 20 x 50 yards on a minute.  This would have been a freakishly easy workout when I was in college.  A warm up, even.  I'll be honest, it wore me out.  That being said, it felt great to do a real workout in the pool. Thanks Kaysha, for letting me use your pool (again)!

When Ryan got home from work he lit the bbq right away, bbq'd a wild salmon filet we had on hand (hello, leftovers!), and we turned to the inter-webs to learn how to bbq lobster.



First we cut the lobsters in half.


Then we pulled the meat away from the shell.


And placed them on the bbq.


Ryan basted them with butter throughout the cooking process, and they came out great!

I needed a side for dinner and since it was so hot, a salad fit the bill.  Tuscan Kale Caesar Slaw is something I never would have made, but my incredible friend Diane blogged this recipe, so I felt compelled to try it.  I'm not a huge fan of kale, so I used regular romaine lettuce instead.  I also didn't mush the egg through a strainer, I just chopped it up and tossed it on top.  It was delicious!


Pretty fancy for a Monday, huh?

3 comments:

  1. YUM!!! I am jealous! When am I invited for dinner?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy macaroni, that's a fancy dinner! Glad the caesar dressing + egg was a hit, and that the anchovies were worth purchasing. They might not be everyone's favorite straight out of the can, but as an ingredient in other things, they really add some complexity and fishly goodness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! That looks so good. What an amazing chef you are!!!

    ReplyDelete