Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Double Double

I'm currently rediscovering my love/hate relationship with double workouts.  Two workouts a day is something I did for many years without any hesitation.  In college we swam from 6-7:30 am, then came back in the afternoon for another two and a half hours in the pool.  It was normal. 


For some reason, as an adult I've had a much harder time adjusting to working out two separate times in one day.  On one hand, doing two workouts makes me feel tough!  I'm an athlete again!  I rock!  On the other hand...I'm exhausted.  My body has never felt quite so creaky and tired.  I'm sure this is just the adjustment period, and it will get easier as I get stronger.

Right?

1 comment:

  1. Right... I think it's just revving up from 0 (or 2, or 3) to N workouts that's hard... once you're doing it, it's not as bad.
    I was talking to Allison tonight about increasing workout volume and she basically said, "awesome, but do that (wod/lift 5 days/week) for another week or two (where I've been doing it for 2-3 weeks) and then plan a lighter week before you resume"... I thought that was good advice. She's the ripped-est woman I know, so I'll basically do anything she tells me to.
    I did PR front squat 145# for 3 reps and jerk 115# for 2 reps, what what?!

    ReplyDelete