Sunday, June 26, 2011

A (mostly) paleo birthday.

After our pancake feast this morning, we packed up and headed to the beach.  It was beautiful there, and we got many opportunities to play with our new, fancy camera.  After my shoulders had been toasted thoroughly (through spf 45 AND a beach umbrella, thankyouverymuch), we headed home to get ready for dinner.  Ryan made reservations at Orange Hill, a fancy restaurant overlooking all of Orange County.  It was wonderful!

We started our dining experience out on the patio where we enjoyed an appetizer of beef skewers.


Once we were seated inside, Ryan ordered a non-paleo wedge salad with a fried bleu cheese ball on top.  I won't lie, it looked fantastic.


I had the mahi mahi with extra veggies instead of mashed potatoes, which was lovely.


Ryan had the chef's special surf n' turf - a filet mignon with four shrimp scampi.  He also ordered it with extra veggies and no potatoes.


It was a beautiful and romantic setting for my birthday celebration.


After we turned down the dessert menu, our extremely kind waiter brought this.


And we ate it.  I'm trying not to feel bad about it, after all, Mrs. Capps said I could have a non-paleo treat today.  It was pretty good, but not great.  Not the best thing I've ever had, by any stretch of the imagination.  This was a good reminder that the foods I'm passing up aren't actually as good as I remember them to be.  That being said, it was nice to have a birthday treat.  Over all, a pretty fantastic birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment