Monday, June 20, 2011

Halibut!

Ryan came home from work a little early today, so I put him right to work on dinner (won't I be a great wife?).  When we bar-be-que I usually request that Ryan cook more than one thing, which I'll later package for easy and quick meals.  Today was no acception.   He cooked carne asada, pork tenderloin chops and wild caught halibut.


The halibut was the main attraction for dinner tonight, the other two were cooled, chopped into pieces and packed in the fridge.  While Ryan was cooking away outside, I prepped our veggie: green beans.  I know, not paleo!  Technically green beans are a legume, which is NOT ALLOWED.  But wait, I had my reasons.  Reason 1: I was looking for asparagus, but Costco was out.  Reason 2: green beans are unlike most beans; they can be eaten raw and they contain very little lectin (the most offensive part of beans).  Reason 3: Robb Wolf and Mark Sisson agree that green beans are okay.  So, I roasted green beans (which were delicious), and we had dinner!


Yum :)

No comments:

Post a Comment