Saturday, July 2, 2011

Recovery.

You might have noticed that I didn't blog dinner last night (hi Mom!).  Well, we decided to go out and "celebrate" the 30 day challenge being over.  And boy did we celebrate.  Red Robin (yum) burgers and fries then Yogurtland.  That's how crossfitters cheat, right?

Fast forward to this morning, and Ryan saying, "I don't think we should eat at Red Robin anymore.  I feel sick!  My stomach hurts, my chest hurts, and my head feels foggy and slow."  I laughed, of course, and pointed out that he felt that way not because of Red Robin, but because of all of the gluten, starch and sugar he consumed.  Hopefully we'll remember that feeling next time we feel like a "treat".

Back on the paleo wagon today, we went to Chipotle for lunch (not pictured).  I got my old standby: carnitas salad with pico de gallo and guacamole.  Paleo-delicious.

Then we headed to Target to get curtains for our bedroom.  Look how grown up!


This was actually inspired by wanting our sleeping quarters to be as dark as possible during the night.  While I appreciate the fact that our neighborhood is safe and has well-lit paths, I do not appreciate the street light outside of our bedroom window when I'm trying to go to sleep.  Even with the blinds closed lots of light shines in - I'm hoping the blind/curtain combo helps.  We'll see how this goes - here's to getting better sleep!

For dinner I wanted to make something quick and easy.  I think this took me about 20 minutes from gathering ingredients to eating.  Bison hot dogs and blasted broccoli.


The bison hot dogs sure did taste a lot like the original hot dogs we all grew up eating.  Not 100% paleo, but pretty darn close - I could read (and identify) all of the ingredients listed.  Even though they came from Costco they were a bit pricey.  That being said, I'm glad I decided to try them.  Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment