Wednesday, June 22, 2011

BBQ Buffalo Balls!

Sounds delicious, huh?  My dinner date for the evening rescheduled for Monday, so I had to figure out something for dinner.  Continuing on with the uninspired cooking, I started dinner with a pound of ground buffalo and broccoli.  I really didn't have a clear direction to go in, but I somehow settled on blasted broccoli (a staple) and buffalo meatballs.  The problem I have with meatballs is that I need ketchup or barbecue sauce to make them palatable to me.  So, paleo BBQ sauce was born.

Recipe: 
1 6oz. can of organic tomato paste
1 cup of chicken stock or water
3 cloves of garlic
1/2 an onion
2 tbs dijon mustard
2 tbs apple cider vinegar
1 tbs EVOO
1 tbs chili powder
1 tbs worcestershire sauce
1tsp salt
Optional: 2 tbs. agave syrup (do not add until after the 30 day challenge)

Directions:
Chop the onion garlic as small as possible (I used a teeny food processor/chopper, which worked great).  Then measure and add all of the ingredients to a saucepan over medium heat.  Use a whisk to fully mix everything together.  Once bubbling, turn down heat and simmer on low for 30 minutes.

At this point, I had browned the buffalo meatballs, and just dropped them directly into the sauce to finish cooking.  It came out great, if I do say so myself.  


No comments:

Post a Comment